polymer clay on metal using riveting technique
2-day course / Private Tuition
This course is for you if you want to discover a way to enhance your polymer clay work by combining it with another material: metal.
During this course you will learn to :
- Think about your jewelry design, starting with a quick sketch.
- Draw the shape of your polymer clay piece.
- Use my tip to easily trace the shape of your metal plate to match the shape of your polymer clay piece.
- Create a polymer clay veneer using an easy and fun surface technique for a bright, colorful result. This technique will be used for the project worked on during the workshop, but can easily be reused for any other polymer clay creation.
- Cut this sheet of clay into the shape of your choice.
- Protect the decoration effectively and durably. You can create a matte or gloss finish.
- Which metals can be used, and which should be avoided?
- How to choose which metal to use, based on its properties, advantages and disadvantages.
- How to use a jewelers’ handsaw and which blade to choose.
- Easily transfer the shape you want to cut onto the metal.
- Giving metal a neat, brushed finish.
- How to texture metal easily without deforming it.
- Securely attach polymer clay and metal, without glue, using metal wire rivets.
- Choose and create a mounting suitable for your jewelry.
I’ll help you decide on the best solution for your project. I’ll guide you to a set-up, and depending on time and your project, it may be possible to experiment with soldering brass to make rings.
This course is perfect for people who are thinking of starting a jewelry-making business, but also for people who already have a creative, craft or art activity and want to improve their practice.
No prerequisites are needed for this course.
All materials are included, and the necessary tools will be provided throughout the course.
Bring comfortable clothes and/or apron.
Price : 160 euros
Feel free to contact me beforehand if you have any questions or special requests.